Tony the Tour Guy's Blog

A not very regular series of posts on New York City history, historic preservation, genealogy and related themes.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sick Puppies on Petfinder.com

No, I don't mean the animals. I mean the wack jobs and slime buckets who respond to ads placed on this web site, seeking good homes for pets.

In case you're not familiar with the site, www.petfinder.com is a site that, amongst other things, allows you to place a free classified ad if your pet is up for adoption. It's a great idea, so when I was looking for a home for a cat I have I placed a notice. Almost immediately my mailbox was full of strange messages from all over the world offering to take my pet, sight unseen. None of these messages mentioned the cat's name, or even that the animal for adoption was a cat. Some senders said they wanted to "buy" my pet. It was pretty clear to me that the senders were sending spam. Most likely there was some hustle involved. I got so disgusted that I pulled the ad.

All people who engage in "phishing" on the Internet are scum. But those who go after animal lovers on sites like Petfinder are worse.

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got an email from somebody allegedly interested in my cat who called herself "Dolly Parton."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home